I'm Steve, a developer from Providence, Rhode⚓Island.
I am a Vets Who Code alumni making a career transition into coding. Fueled by all the caffeine and curiosity, I love to follow my fascinations wherever they take me. As a lifelong learner, I thrive on continuing to challenge myself and do worthwhile things that matter. I’m a self-starter who can pick up new skills quickly and juggle different projects and roles. I also love collaborating with others and contributing to the open-source community.
What initially made me fall in love with web development was the duality of using my creative side to design and my logical side to code. I have always been a serial hobbyist and jack of all trades type, and this profession allows me to scratch all my intellectual itches.
My goal is to make the web beautiful and available for everyone. It’s possible to create elegant products that are also performant and accessible, with simple user experiences, so why not do it all?
Currently Working On
Here are some of the projects I am working on at the moment:
- VetsWhoCode - Adding new features to the web app and maintaining the job search feature
- Git a Grip - Finishing my multi-part blog series on Git fundamentals
- Personal Blog - Adding new features to my blog using Next.js
- Windows Dev Guide - Writing additional sections for my developer setup guide on Windows
- Portfolio v2 - Migrating my current portfolio into React